Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Lydia!!!

My littlest girl is getting so big. Lydia turned 3 (already) this past Saturday and had so much fun at her Under The Sea Party. I decided that we would try having her party at my humble little house hoping that it would be a pretty, semi-warm day. Unfortunately it was a little too cool to use my screened in back porch. I had been worried about the comfort of everyone but things seemed to go well, although we packed in like sardines. I do appreciate everyone for coming and if your child didn't get a treasure chest please let me know. The Girls and I also had fun decorating and getting ready for the party. Except after the party Mommy got in trouble by Daddy because the ceiling got messed up from all the tape I used (we all can learn lessons even Mommies). You know, throwing birthday parties for your kids is a lot of work and stressful (if you let it be). I think its because you want their b-day to be as special as they are but I don't think any thing would ever match up to that. At the beginning of planning her party Lydia requested a mermaid cake and sense I always make my girls b-day cakes as a kinda tradition, I get that from my Mom and Sister, I wondered and wondered how I would do it. I stayed up very late Saturday night working on her cake. Sunday morning she ran in and seen her cake and kept saying 'My cake is so beautiful, I love it Thank you mom' She sat there at least 10 minutes just staring at it. She just couldn't wait to eat it, she is one big sweet tooth never can get enough. We barley could get her to leave and go to church.


Before we took the streamers down and.....
what it did all over my ceiling:(











1 comment:

Jess said...

misty..you always do a great job on the girls cakes..im so sorry we missed it this year..we HAVE to get together soon!! love u!! the girls are adorable!!s